Vienna Pediatric Dentist
Looking for a Pediatric Dentist in Vienna, VA?
At Merrifield Pediatric Dentistry we believe every child is unique. We tailor custom treatment plans foreach child. We strive to take a personalized boutique-style approach to childrens dentistry by adopting minimally invasive techniques and bioactive and BPA free materials whenever possible.
Merrifield Pediatric Dentistry is a woman-owned local small business that started out based on Dr. Ghatak’s experience as a dentist and mother. Dr. Ghatak has personally lived the challenges that most parents face in providing the best for their children given the limitations of modern life. She understands that each child is unique and likewise each parent has different preferences. This has led to her vision of a pediatric dental practice where every child’s treatment is customized to them.
Top Rated Pediatric Dentistry Services
Here are some of the services that we offer at our top rated practice.
- Cleanings. Regular checkups and teeth cleanings are essential for keeping your child’s mouth healthy as they grow, and for the early detection of any potential problems. At Merrifield Pediatric Dentistry, our team will make your child’s visits fun and educational!
- Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF). Now approved in the U.S., this is a safer form of fluoride that we use because it’s shown positive results in very young patients all around the world. SDF is a proven, safe and non-invasive way to stop cavities from progressing in your child’s mouth.
- Stainless Steel Crowns. In certain situations, like after a pulpotomy for nerve damage, Dr. Ghatak may recommend a stainless steel crown to repair a damaged tooth’s surface instead of a filling. Stainless steel crowns are approved for use in children by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD).
- Bonding. This involves adding some tooth-colored filling material to a tooth that is underdeveloped, or a tooth that has experienced trauma, to restore its intended esthetics and function.
- Habit Counseling. Most kids outgrow habits like thumb-sucking and pacifier use on their own, but when those habits persist they can negatively affect a child’s normal teeth and jaw development. We provide habit counseling support to parents, which may include a mouth appliance in certain situations.
- Laughing Gas. One of the safe and reliable sedation methods we use in our office to relax non-cooperative children is laughing gas, or nitrous oxide. The child remains awake the entire time, and all laughing gas is totally eliminated from their body before heading home.
Vienna is a town in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, it had a population of 15,687.
Vienna is a suburb of Washington, D.C. with a population of 16,474. Vienna is in Fairfax County and is one of the best places to live in Virginia. Living in Vienna offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Vienna there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many families live in Vienna and residents tend to have moderate political views. The public schools in Vienna are highly rated.
Also Serving These Communities
Antrim – Fairlee – Falls Church – Idylwood – Lake Barcroft – Mantua – Oakton – Odricks Corner – Pimmit – Pine Ridge – Seven Corners – Strathmeade Springs – Tysons – Vienna – West Falls Church – Woodley North – Westwood Park
I recently took both my boys ages 6 and 9 to see Dr. Ghatak. It was a great experience. The... read moreChandrani O.3/06/2019
Dr. Ghatak is very approachable, kind, and patient with my active little guy. They are very quick to respond to... read moreKenya M.6/26/2019
Keff G. I went to Merrifield Pediatric Dentistry with my 6 years daughter and i was impressed by the tratament/hospitality from the... read moreKeff G.1/02/2019
I went to Merrifield Pediatric Dentistry with my 6 years daughter and i was impressed by the tratament/hospitality from the... read moreKeff G.2/27/2019
Such a lovely, bright, and clean space! The staff and doctor are super friendly and knowledgeable too.Ania B.6/26/2019
Just took my son for his first dentist appointment. Very friendly staff! They were patient and informative with great tips... read moreIngrid R.1/25/2019
S. C. As a pediatrician, I look for the very best in pediatric specialists--for both my own children and my patients. We... read moreS. C.2/04/2019
Wonderful practice with an amazing office and staff. Very accommodating and enthusiastic, which made my boys happy to be at... read moreMatthew M.6/26/2019
Dr. Monamie Ghetak and her assistant, Erica are wonderful and the office is beautiful! This was my 18 month old... read moreJessica E.3/11/2019
Huma K. I recently took my 7yo and 5yo for their 6 month check-up and had a great experience at the clinic.... read moreHuma K.7/01/2019
I took my 2 year old son to Merrifield Pediatric Dentistry for his first trip to the dentist and was... read moreTed L.1/22/2019
My Four Year Old Daughter Had Her First Visit Here For Her Annual Check-Up. The Patient Area Is So Nice... read moreKeona A.2/12/2019
Dr. Monamie Ghatak is very professional, accommodating and approachable too. I had a good impression of her since she's very... read moreJosie D.6/26/2019
Took my toddler here for his first trip to the dentist. Dr. Ghatak was awesome -- patient with my freaked-out... read moreJulia B.6/26/2019
What a friendly and fun place to go. Truth is, nobody really LIKES to go to the dentist, but the... read moreMaggie R.6/26/2019
We went to dentist today with our 18 months and 3.5 year old...Dr. Ghatak was great with them. My son... read moreKathleen K.6/26/2019
Erica R. Kid friendly office, my son went in for a cleaning and had so much fun! He picked a toy out... read moreErica R.1/02/2019
We had a great experience here. New patient check in paperwork on the iPad was a little cumbersome, but the... read moreJennifer P.6/26/2019
I took my 3 year old son and he loved it, which was great since his first dentist appointment elsewhere... read moreChristine E.6/26/2019